The Wiesbaden Library, Red Adair and the Enterprise’s early detection system for intruders. These three things made a lasting impression on Boris Gloger as a child and definitively shaped his understanding of Scrum. If you look at his appointment book, you wonder when he finds time to read the things he so easily quotes when speaking. He simply reads during every free minute. That is why he can approach problems from so many surprising view points and finds so many different solutions. He was impressed by the deliberate, precise actions of the heroic fireman, Red Adair, in critical situations. He also was impressed by systems like the Starship Enterprise that could recognize their own errors when something went wrong. This is a great metaphor for Scrum: locating exactly where the problem lies within an organization. In 2002 he successfully led his first Scrum team at the Austrian ONE (today called Orange Telecommunication Austria). From this point on he played a leading role in establishing Scrum as the de facto standard in agile software development in Europe, South Africa and in Brazil.
"Ken Schwaber und Norman Kerth showed me that we have resonsibility. Our task is to help people reach their full potential and to share our knowledge of how to do this with others.."
Give it all you´ve got
Courage” is the Scrum value which Boris Gloger identifies with most. In his own life he has no fear of radical decisions or of believing in his ideas. No money in the world would convince him to follow rules that make no sense. He believes in Scrum not only because it creates better products, but because it can create a better and more humane world of work. His approach when implementing Scrum is not to turn people into inflexible users of Scrum, but to motivate them to consider and to change a situation. The same applies to himself. Boris Gloger is constantly concerned with how to further simplify Scrum, and how the whole entity of a company – using Scrum – can be made more agile.
Boris Gloger – hard facts
- He studied philosophy and sociology at the TU in Darmstadt
- He is the first certified Scrum trainer to be trained directly by Ken Schwaber, is an NLP practitioner, and a certified business coach
- He is a European Scrum pioneer, mentor and visionary
- He is the founder/CEO of bor!sgloger consulting gmbh and of bor!sgloger trainings KG, co-owner of Scrumjobs
- He was previously responsible as business analyst, project manager, team leader for software development in the areas of IT-outsourcing, mobile communication & web
- He has trained over 5,000 people in Scrum, certified over 3,000
- Scrum – Produkte zuverlässig und schnell entwickeln (Develop Scrum products quickly and reliably)
- Erfolgreich mit Scrum – Einflussfaktor Personalmanagement (Success with Scrum – The influential factor of Personnel management)