A small but currently growing 2-man-enterprise in Vienna is looking for an experienced web-application allrounder (m/f) with a focus on PHP, Linux and Open Source applications/technologies/platforms.
What we are looking for:
Additional (wo)manpower for the development, maintenance and enlargement of existing and new client projects with agile background (Scrum).
- outstanding PHP-knowledge
- versed handling of PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Linux as a server-platform is basic for you, you know how to handle it confidently
- SCM-tools like SVN or Git are absolute requirements
- you are not afraid of bug tracking, ticket systems and Wikis
- clean code, Test Driven Development and Documentation are a matter of course for you
- Browser-specific characteristics (IE7+, FF3.x, Safari, Chrome) are well-known to you
- Open Source for you isn’t just a catchphrase – Freshmeat, SourceForge, GitHub as well as community forums, mailing lists Twitter, Wikis & Co are your best friends
What we expect from you:
- You constantly strive to get further training and to stay up-to-date
- You will become acquainted with new Open Source Applications and Technologies, assessing their potential and use them in real projects that are fun and challenging for you, not a mere duty or ordeal
- You work independently, possess distinctive common sense and have the ability to see the bigger picture
- You don’t want to just follow instructions, but want to play an active part in the company
- You really only feel comfortable when you can work in a (small) team
- You don’t shy away from direct contact with clients
- You view constructive criticism as a benefit not a menace
What we’d find great:
- Zend Framework
- WordPress and the development/adaptation of plug-ins
- Typo3 and the development/adjustment of extensions
- agile processes, Scrum in particular.
What we offer you:
An open and friendly working atmosphere, comfortable office in the first district of Vienna (near the Opera/Albertina), interesting and varying projects and the possibility to realize your own ideas and to play an active part in the team.
If you are not a professional /old hand yet but confident in yourself, your abilities and potentials, are self-taught, motivated and committed we are looking forward to your application.
If you are interested, please send your complete applications to email@example.com!